Critique my Photoshop (noob)

stsinner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I used the magnetic lasso tool to create this image. What do you think? Thanks.

Twins.jpg

I take it the the girl on the left was added in? The edges around her are too sharp, maybe try blurring them a little (just soften the edges some so she blends in better). I would clone out that little piece of hair sticking out under her left ear too (just the end of it).

Not bad; it passes muster at a quick glance, but is fairly obvious at a second look. I think the above advice will improve it.

I couldn't tell what was done until Josh pointed it out.

We need to get you a bounce-flash, man.

I would say you did a pretty good job pasting her in there, it just needs a little more work to wrap it up.

I would feather the selection on the added in girl, and adjust the intensity/brigtness as well, other than that I like it.

the hair on the girl on the left is just TOOOO fake looking u should try and look up some tutorials for that, when ur using the lasso tool ur using like 2 cents worth of photoshop..

the hair is the toughest part. You just need to work on the hair and softening up all those edges, as someone said before, feathering might help a little.

hi there, the image so nice. the kids are looking so cute.its a good work. & needs a little improvement. i think u should look on the above advices

I looked at this shot and the hair on the girl on the left stood out. This is especially true for the hair on top of her head. Very difficult to do and make it look completely natural. You've gotten close, but it does look photoshopped.

Thanks for all your help.. For the one who said I'm using 2 cents of Photoshop, you're right, as that's about how much I know about it.. I just learned about layers and the magnetic lasso and was having fun with it. I'm going to read up on feathering and hair now and how to do that better.

Here's another one I did that I think looks okay, but I know needs work. What do you think of this one?:

Abbybirthdaylens.jpg

This one's not really that much better - the picture you've pasted into the lens doesn't fit. You can fix this though by using the 'free transform' function in the 'image' menu.

Most reactions

Back