Critique my Picks

Amphoteric

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all,

These are the first picks I am posting on this forum. I took them today with a Nikon D40, and I was trying to catch some of the fall colors. Please tell me what you think (especially about composition). Thanks

EDIT*** Now that I think about it, can a mod move this thread to the General Gallery forum or do I need to close and reopen it?

I personally think they look great. You know #1 would look great with a vintage action on it. I would take a stab at it but I am not on my computer with my photoshop and actions on it!

Your shots show great clarity and sharpness.

I like #2 the most but I like #1 as well, the roof of the house is intersting and it has a bike in it.

I personally think they look great. You know #1 would look great with a vintage action on it. I would take a stab at it but I am not on my computer with my photoshop and actions on it!

Your shots show great clarity and sharpness.

What do you mean by "vintage action" ? How would I achieve that in Photoshop?

you could really rough up #1, its a good shot, but since everything is beat up looking you could try making the photo look older. Maybe even some very light grundge brush work?

you could really rough up #1, its a good shot, but since everything is beat up looking you could try making the photo look older. Maybe even some very light grundge brush work?

What about the composition on #1? Is it better off to the right a bit, or should i crop it to be centered?

1 like 1 and 4 very nice,

2 is ok but nothing special, subject matter isn't terribly exciting

and i think 3 is a bit boring

What about the composition on #1? Is it better off to the right a bit, or should i crop it to be centered?
It is perfect off to the right...too bad the bottom tire is cut off a bit though. I think by vintage they mean a sepia tone.

You exposures and colors look great! Did you do any post processing or are these straight from the camera?
I think #4 would benefit from a shallower depth of field. I think the background is a little too distracting and draws my eye away from the subject.

Thats why I said vintage. Photoshop has downloads that can do this. It would definitely fit that picture!

i took the liberty of doing that, i think it works very well. be better if the bike was a bit older and more beat up. but its still a fantastic photo Amphoteric

bikeandbarncopymg5.jpg

i took the liberty of doing that, i think it works very well. be better if the bike was a bit older and more beat up. but its still a fantastic photo Amphoteric

bikeandbarncopymg5.jpg

Ok, I see what you mean. I like it, however I am a fanatic for color. I like bright and shiny things!

I love color too. But this picture seems great to turn that "old aging" look. Here is my play...

bikeandbarncopymg5vintage.jpg

I don't like the spots on it. But I do like the overall look with it on canvas. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back