Critique, Please

BoiseShan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've looked at this photo so long I don't really see it anymore. Would love some helpful remarks to improve it and my skills overall. This was taken Outdoors in natural light with no artificial backgrounds, reflectors, etc. Probably f2.8; 1/500--Sorry, I didn't write it down....

I'm posting this to another forum as well for more help. Apologies if you read both and see it again.

Many thanks.

2612113062_8e68c21c5b_o.jpg

C&C per req:
A good start; bear in mind that when you're doing macro/close-up work, you will almost always need extra light and/or reflectors. In this case a reflector placed on the right and slightly down would have eliminated the shadow and helped to even out the exposure. Ideally that would have been combined with a diffuser between the plant and the sunlight.

You're about 1/2 - 1 stop over-exposed on the whites, which isn't uncommon. Meters don't do well in this type of situation. As far as composition goes, because of how 'busy' this plant is, I think trying to narrow the focus down to one bloom rather than a cluster might have been better. The focus looks good on my monitor, I would have thought somewhat greater than f2.8 however.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.
~John

find a more distinct focal point. it would give this picture a really good added effect!

great picture though!!

Most reactions

Back