Critique Please?

Kylerood

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
kylerood.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone, here are a couple pictures from a recent senior portrait session.

I would like to hear your thoughts on composition and the flaws that exist!

Thank you for your time!

KR

abigaily3-2.jpg

DSC_0043-2.jpg

Yeah i was thinking the same thing. I actually didnt notice it until post production but the client liked it so i kept it.

Thanks for the input, keep it coming!

She doesn't seem very happy. Isn't it supposed to be like a senior portrait, all happy and ditsy? Idk, seems like she just saw her death.

She doesn't seem very happy. Isn't it supposed to be like a senior portrait, all happy and ditsy? Idk, seems like she just saw her death.
I agree... and while some people are just like that, use some humour or whatever to try to get your subject to relax for a few shots once you've done the standard serious ones.

To me, her face seems a little flat too ... maybe using a reflector off to one side, could help add a little depth?

Last edited:
The twig in the second pic pretty distracting.
The background blur is REALLY distracting for me as well. It looks... a bit fake.

I thoroughly second iolair's assessment that the face lacks depth in both pics.

Twig is distracting and the subject looks irked. Great though.

yeah the bokeh is extreme in the second one huh?

i only played with levels on that image though, its pretty much straight off the camera.

And for the record i actually slammed my reflector in my sliding glass door before this shoot haha, i was kinda of pissed but oh well i tried to make it work with what i had going on!

I guess i should have posted some of her having fun cause these do look like she is dying inside haha ill be back with a couple fun ones.

Thanks again for the comments!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back