critique please

Missy.a.Wilson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this picture. Just wanted to get others critiques on it. Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• Brueggeman07.jpg
    Brueggeman07.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 146
I think it would be more interesting if you get his whole body in the frame and backed up. jmo... and maybe to try a different processing

Nice catchlights in his eyes but a bit underexposed overall. Bump it up in post and you have a keeper. Good shot.

I'm not usually one for post processed blurring, but the couple of bolts that are in focus are a bit distracting. I might suggest subtly adding some blur to those.

Also might suggest framing slightly different - maybe crop the left edge of the image in a little bit (to elminiate the left-most bolt that is just barely in the picture, and maybe experiment, I don't think it'll look good, but maybe, with bringing the edge of the photo right to his left ear) and maybe bring the bottom of the photo upwards.

Maybe completely irrelevant is a sliver of rim that catches the golden hour sunlight - you might try to de-emphasize that.

You might try taking some blue out of his overalls, which may help his eye's pop out of the picture a little more.

Great position and smile!!!

You've cropped the top quite close to his head, and the right side could be cropped more, just enough to trim off the tire.

Unfortunately you shot this wide open so that the only thing in focus is a plane through the closest eye.
Shoot more closed down for better depth of field.

This is a huge question.......... What kind of tractor spinout rim on? Probably a Allis, or a Massey! :)

Most reactions

Back