Leigh Wanstead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.smootharm.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Good morning,

I need help from you to improve my art. So please tell me what do you think about this picture.

IMGA9542.jpg

TIA

Regards
Leigh

Leigh Wanstead said:
I need help from you to improve my art. So please tell me what do you think about this picture.
I think it is out of focus.

It'd be nice if there was more detail in the lower (non-sky) portion, as you'd get with a split neutral-density filter.
Unless the detail was distractin, and that's why you darkened it?

tbreit said:
It'd be nice if there was more detail in the lower (non-sky) portion, as you'd get with a split neutral-density filter.
Unless the detail was distractin, and that's why you darkened it?

Thanks for the tip

I don't have a split neutral-density filter, just a clear filter before the lense to protect the lense.

Regards
Leigh

Because of the angle, the car looks tilted with respect to the horizon. I don't think this looks good in this dark a picture - you can't see the wheels or road so the car is just floating at an angle.

I know the sky has a lot of color in it, but If it were my image, I would adjust it to remove some of the yellow tint over all the lower parts of the image.

More thoughts on the focus. I think I see sharp roof or 2 in the background. It looks like your focus was set to center and should have probably been on the right side (truck).

rwebbart said:
I know the sky has a lot of color in it, but If it were my image, I would adjust it to remove some of the yellow tint over all the lower parts of the image.

More thoughts on the focus. I think I see sharp roof or 2 in the background. It looks like your focus was set to center and should have probably been on the right side (truck).

Just to clarify. The truck was not staged. The truck was on the highway and moving. I have not intended to shoot the truck sharp focus at the time I focused.

Regards
Leigh

Most reactions

Back