Critique this picture - Sub HDR

Discussion in 'General Critical Analysis' started by GooberMT, Aug 5, 2007.

1. GooberMT

GooberMT TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Pick this picture apart as you see fit. I am horrible at composition, so please grace me with any comments or advice. and no horrible snide remarks like (oh this sucks, etc.)

[​IMG]

Thanks

Gabriel

2. blackdoglab

blackdoglab yeah I'm easy.... but I'm not cheap

Photos OK to edit
    yer wantin' advice are yer?

on the plus side...
    it's in focus
    the saturation is nice
    i know what the shot is about

but...

too much depth of field, get blurry
    the car is a bit too dark, throw a flash on and bounce it off the ceiling or tape a sheet of white paper over the flash to diffuse it a bit
    crop it on the left, crop it on the bottom, tight is nice too
    get in close to the car, let the camera make love to it... you know you want to

and finally,
    don't double park

3. GooberMT

GooberMT TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thanks for the input! i will give it another shot next weekend when i am off work!

And i will try not to double park again! :)

4. Remi M.

Remi M. TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    A thing to watch out for:
    The eye is usually drawn towards the brightest spots, the area of greatest contrast. In this photo I'm pulled towards the 2 openings behind the car and not the car it's self.

5. meotter

meotter TPF Noob!

I've only been back on TPS for a week or so (after taking a while off) and i've seen that a lot of your posts seem to be HDR related images... and a lot of them have no reason to be HDR. beyond getting better composition, i'd learn to choose better opportunities to utilize your HDR skills.

in this particular image, i think i would have perhaps parked the car so that the primary back ground would have been that soft blue banner in the background. it's a pretty color to go with the white car...

or perhaps i would have parked at an angle and gotten low so that i could have the blue reflection of the banner on the white car... that would let the lines of the car pop.

also the car is lopsided in this shot... it looks like there is an earthquake going on.

6. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Fun shot! I enjoy all the lines of the garage. and it looks like it has some nice colour. The blue banner and it's little icon are just out of control. I like how the car is running downhill.

Experiment with kicking in some lights and play around with it. All the elements are there. May take a couple of attempts to get them on point.

Love & Playa