Critiques.Comments.Suggestions.

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Lycanimanomaly, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Lycanimanomaly

Lycanimanomaly TPF Noob!

I took this photo in a hurry cuz i wasn't sure how long he'd stay like that but it turns out he stayed exactly like this for quite a while while his mommy stroked his back. Anyway, i'd like to know what you think. Critiques. Comments. Suggestions. All very welcome.
    [​IMG]

2. EBphotography

EBphotography TPF Junkie!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    This photo honestly doesn't strike me. The blurred look doesn't add anything to the photo in my opinion. I think if you retook this photo with the baby in the same pose, cropping out the black, and taking it clear in black and white? I do like the angle and the zoom though. The hand for me is a bit distracting. Don't let the number of suggestions scare you away...theres always potential for growth!

Looking forward to your future work, Eric.

3. midnitejam

midnitejam TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like the emotion, it sings! I like the composition and the relationship of the elements. The hand completes the emotional representation of the bond between a Mother and infant (which is obviously the theme).

I would have been even more impressed had the image not been blurred.

4. oldnavy170

oldnavy170 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like this pic but it is too bad that its blurry because that does take away from the whole effect.

5. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    A soft touch is always nice to a baby-portrait. But the eyes and the catchlight in the eyes should be in focus or sharp (not blurred by camera shake).

This one suffers quite a bit from the blur (as others have stated before). It looks just like the way it was taken: fast as a snapshot, thus being a snapshot. If this child stayed surprisingly still for so much longer after you took this one photo, I wonder why you then did not take any more?

The vast amount of black on the left also takes away from the picture ... baby photos should be mostly bright/white ... I know it was the clothing of the mother... a crop might get rid of the big amount of white now?

But whatever you do ... you will never overcome the fact that the eyes are absolutely not sharp.