TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_706387247403442.jpeg
IMG_706451735551126.jpeg
IMG_706445919330399.jpeg
IMG_705293297133687.jpeg
Thanks for all the feed back on my other posts. I would like some critiques on a few other photos i have done. I am a beginner and hobbyist and would like all the tips you can throw at me! (P.s. I am uploading these from my phone bc I am having computer issues. Sorry about quality. So, any tips except uploading from my phone ;) )

All photos were taken with my nikon d3000 and edited in Lightroom.

Sleigh bells interesting concept, not much there.
Barn possibly a little too red.
Baby needs a better pose/frame/orientation/clothing.
Children look soft-focus, horizontal frame for a vertical subject(s).

1) I'd really like to see mom's face
2) I'd like some more sharpness in the trees & the red in the barn seems a little hot. Blows out the lines in the boards
3) I would try to warm things up with the white balance here. Baby looks really cold, and there's a sort of blotchy noise thing going one in the skin. Beautiful eyes though, wow. :)
4) As already said ... focus is a bit soft on the girls, and the color seems a little ... flat for lack of a better term. Like the way the red pops though.

I think some of these could be pretty good but it's hard to tell if they are out of focus or just low quality jpg's.
That said, the first one is a neat idea. I might have to try something like that someday.
I agree that the second one looks over saturated but it also looks like the grass is all out of focus. That might just be the image quality though. In most of these shots it appears that you are using the biggest aperture available on your lens. In landscape shots you could get more in focus by using a smaller aperture.
The baby has a cute face and the eyes really pop. The blurred arm behind the head seems to blur the face into the background. I like to see the face well defined and separated from the background. The green grass in the background also detracts or distracts.
You caught the girls in a great pose and with great expressions. The lighting is good and the background blur works. I think this shot would look much better if you added more contrast in post processing and portrait orientation might have worked better as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back