cromwell's battleground

dalebe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
this is from my hometown of warrington in cheshire, it is a statue of oliver cromwell, that i have been meaning to take for some time now,the road is much too busy, so i had to take it from across the road, the story is that he chased the scottish loyalists from preston some 50 miles from here, and finished the battle right on this spot, and then sent the survivors packing back to scotland, only to bed down for the night some two miles from here.

IMG_0214.jpg

and this is the bridge where the battle took place, obviously a lot different then, here endeth the history lesson, i know thet are not perfect but thanks for looking.

IMG_0218.jpg

Whoa very good. Being partial to landscapes I really like the tone and composition of the second, well done. I like the first also but not as much.

thanks John, it certainly did need bumping as lots of fine images, like these, fall to the bottom before getting noticed.

these are very good shots. the DOF in the first is dead on and that landscape shot is awesome, but what immediately caught my eye are the tones. very well done!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back