Crop, how tight and why?

Hum, I think its interesting that he is playing to an empty street. Not every performance is to a crowd.

I just saw him and wanted to take some pics, I can't do anything about the pillars

I havn't got time at the mo to recrop but will try and do it this weekend and post for feedback

Here you go another stab at the crop

18140005crop3.jpg

What do you think Ladyphotog?

mysteryscribe said:
Now you have a nice tight image... everything you need and nothing else to distract the viewer... Good job...

Cool, thanks.

Now I have another 200 or so pics to do, it could be a long night! LOL

I think that's a great crop. My eye still goes right to that discolored square, so I wish there was something more in that area, but it's a nice image.

The pillar isn't an issue in this crop either. I know you can't move it with a crop, but I mentioned it as something to keep an eye out for while you compose in-camera. Same with the position of the people in frame.

Thanks MarkC, I agree with being carefull when taking the pic but sometimes you got to just work with whats there.

Its interesting to note that the shot has gone from just about OK to a good shot with a better crop. Makes you wonder how many other pics we/I have that could benefit from this treatment.

I like crop number two, and the subsequent crop later in the thread. I agree with the previous poster who suggested a lower position when taking the photograph would have put the tiny people right in front of the guitar player - that would have been cool, but sometimes you only realise things like this when you looking at your finished print.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back