cropping C&C

benlonghair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everybody. Was going through some photos i took recently and found this honey bee working a pink yarrow. I like this crop the best, but I'd be interested to see what others think. Click for EXIF data.

3645044529_5f42ac3bd1_o.jpg

Original:

3645852248_3f3aa62aaa_b.jpg

Thanks!

The crop looks good but the image seems to have lost some sharpness after you made it (the crop, that is).

IMO, it seems that you cropped out your focus point which seems to be to the left and down a little ways from the bee. Good capture though, I wouldn't want to get that close to a bee

Meh, bees aren't scary; they're docile compared to hornets or wasps...Damn I hate those things.

I'd keep the proportions the same but maybe move the crop up and to the left a little, to get more of the image in focus and give the bee and its wings more room.

The crop looks good but the image seems to have lost some sharpness after you made it (the crop, that is).

Meh, I burned the highlights on the wings a little. The glare is a too distracting in the original, imo.

Meh, bees aren't scary; they're docile compared to hornets or wasps...Damn I hate those things.

I'd keep the proportions the same but maybe move the crop up and to the left a little, to get more of the image in focus and give the bee and its wings more room.

I wasn't even that close. All the way out the 70-300 has a min focus distance of 1.5m so I was probably 5-6' away. If he had stung me, I'd have felt bad, 'cause they die when they sting and I like honey.

Wasps, yellow jackets and hornets, on the other hand, can die in a fire.

Thanks for your comments!

If he had stung me, I'd have felt bad, 'cause they die when they sting and I like honey.

Wasps, yellow jackets and hornets, on the other hand, can die in a fire.

A very large, magnificent, despicably hot fire. -.-

And: Mmmm....honnneeeeyyy...

Most reactions

Back