cropping help, please!

JenR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I could really use some help the a better crop for this photo. This is the crop straight out of the camera. The little bit of garden hose in her hand and behind her seem awkward to me. Is this one salvagable or should I just pitch it and move on to another shot?

Besides the crop issue, I would love any other critique on this photo. Let me have it... I have my bullet-proof vest on! :p Thank you all so much!!

~jen

051207DSC_5250w-web.jpg

This photo is definately salvagable. Id crop off the right up to her elbow and its all good! :)

I tried this to replicate the rule of thirds but it would've been so much easier with some above her head.

girledit.jpg

I think it's really cute like it is, but if you really want that hose out of the background, here is a crop and a clone.
051207DSC_5250w-webredo.jpg

Hi Jen.... cute pic!

1st.. I think the shot needs more headroom, and a little more space below her arms...

2nd,, I also feel you should have taken a knee and got down to her eye level,,, more appealing..

you chose to shoot this in horizontal, and the hose is a part of the pic, it adds the cutesy here... so with the crop , I would still include a very small part of it on the right..

your focus is good and no harsh shadows... but without the headroom, and space below her arms, hmmmmm a crop gonna be difficult here.. I think ya better just settle for this one being a good cute candid type shot...

Thank you all so much for your edits and comments! I agree -- some extra headroom would have been nice. I seem to have a terrible time cropping too close in camera so that I don't have any wiggle room later. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back