Cropping Question

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by Flower Child, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Flower Child

Flower Child TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Sometimes the basic crop formats like 5x7 or 8x10 are just not that convenient or complimentary to my photo and its composition. But recently I came across Mpix.com which will print a greater variety of crops like 8x8s and 6x9s and so on. I was really happy with this find, but the only problem is I don't have a program or software on my computer that provides these 8x8/6x9 etc. templates. Do any of you guys know a program that I can download that will provide this greater range of cropping templates? What do you guys use? I would really appreciate any suggestions, thank you. :thumbup:

2. NateWagner

NateWagner TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    In cropping all that matters is the ratio of the edge sizes, so, if you have a 4x6 for example, it is the same as 6x9 (they are both 2x3 ratio)

Similarly if you have any crop option that is a square you can use that for the 8x8.

3. matfoster

matfoster TPF Noob!

hello Flower Child. i use a calculator to determine the proportions of the canvas, relative to the image, or part of the image, i wish to use.

4. Flower Child

Flower Child TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Ah I see, thank you very much for clearing that up for me. I didn't catch that they were the same ratio. I guess I should have paid a little better attention in math class, huh. :mrgreen:

Now that seems like a very good approach, thank you for the help!