Cropping Question

Flower Child

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sometimes the basic crop formats like 5x7 or 8x10 are just not that convenient or complimentary to my photo and its composition. But recently I came across Mpix.com which will print a greater variety of crops like 8x8s and 6x9s and so on. I was really happy with this find, but the only problem is I don't have a program or software on my computer that provides these 8x8/6x9 etc. templates. Do any of you guys know a program that I can download that will provide this greater range of cropping templates? What do you guys use? I would really appreciate any suggestions, thank you. :thumbup:

In cropping all that matters is the ratio of the edge sizes, so, if you have a 4x6 for example, it is the same as 6x9 (they are both 2x3 ratio)

Similarly if you have any crop option that is a square you can use that for the 8x8.

In cropping all that matters is the ratio of the edge sizes, so, if you have a 4x6 for example, it is the same as 6x9 (they are both 2x3 ratio)

Similarly if you have any crop option that is a square you can use that for the 8x8.

Ah I see, thank you very much for clearing that up for me. I didn't catch that they were the same ratio. I guess I should have paid a little better attention in math class, huh. :mrgreen:

hello Flower Child. i use a calculator to determine the proportions of the canvas, relative to the image, or part of the image, i wish to use.

Now that seems like a very good approach, thank you for the help!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back