Found this little bugger in our garden yesterday, freaky eh
Park163.jpg

And this is what it really looks like
Park164.jpg

Park165.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

Great shots as usual Doenoe!!!

One of these days I will get time to try out some macro in the garden!!

and you really should do it sometime. The things you find when you are looking for bugs. I allready found loads of bugs i never before in my life, good fun.

hahahaha that first one made me laugh.

great macros of course. I think #2 is the real winner, but what is that yellow blob around his mouth

Cracking shots yet again...well done!

Very good shots as usual :)
What setup do you have?

Holy crap, these are amazing shots!!!

I'm having a hard time picking my favorite - although I think it's #1. That shot is perfect and I like how he's looking right at you.

I really like macro and knew I wanted to get a macro lens, your shots only make me want it so much sooner!

hahahaha that first one made me laugh.

great macros of course. I think #2 is the real winner, but what is that yellow blob around his mouth
Im not really sure what the blob is, think its a piece on the plant. Its not in his mouth, because thats behind the blob. Thanks for the comment.
sweet pictures... The first one made me laugh (as you probably expected it too).
When i opened it on my pc, it made me lol too :lol: Was just to funny, so i had to post it :) Thanks for the reply.
Cracking shots yet again...well done!
Cheers :)
Very good shots as usual
What setup do you have?
Thanks. You can check out THIS thread. It will tell you almost everything you need to know :)
Holy crap, these are amazing shots!!!

I'm having a hard time picking my favorite - although I think it's #1. That shot is perfect and I like how he's looking right at you.

I really like macro and knew I wanted to get a macro lens, your shots only make me want it so much sooner!
Just know that macro can be very addictive :lol: Thanks for the comment

Ummm, that first one is a butt shot, isn't it? Tooo funny!

I especially like the second shot, showing the looooooong antennae. The third shot is neat too, though, as it shows the structures at its mouth.

Nice. You think you could get the same results using just the flash (without the Lumiquest softbox)?

I hope Daan doesnt mind me jumping in but an on camera flash wont work nearly as well. IUf you mean a speedlight, you can make a DIY diffuser that will work about almost as well. I ported out a lotion bottle for mine, and it works fine.

@ Daan, i see, i noticed the blob was behind on my 2nd look through the thread

Ummm, that first one is a butt shot, isn't it? Tooo funny!

I especially like the second shot, showing the looooooong antennae. The third shot is neat too, though, as it shows the structures at its mouth.
yes it is a butt shot. Ive seen you do it a couple of times, thought i would give it a shot :) Thanks for the reply.
Wow.. more awesome shots!
Cheers :)
Nice. You think you could get the same results using just the flash (without the Lumiquest softbox)?
You probably can have some toleratable shots, but the shadows will be very harsh. You can go with the normal diffuser, works pretty good too. The on-board flash.......i dunno, but it wont be very good i think.
I hope Daan doesnt mind me jumping in but an on camera flash wont work nearly as well. IUf you mean a speedlight, you can make a DIY diffuser that will work about almost as well. I ported out a lotion bottle for mine, and it works fine.
@ Daan, i see, i noticed the blob was behind on my 2nd look through the thread
Yeah, there are alot of DIY diffusers on the net. Some will work, some wont. I think it pretty much has to do with how you feel about your pics. In the beginning i used a diffuser and was happy, then came the Lumiquest and never (well almost never) used something different. Now, if i would buy a ringflash i would probably be even happier....but that one isnt coming anytime soon and the Lumiquest works perfect.
Kinda creepy lol, but very nice macros!!!
Thank you :)

Most reactions

Back