Cross processed slide film

essjayyell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Some prints from a roll of fuji sensia 200 that I had cross processed..

oneway.jpg

newcastle.jpg

handbags.jpg

feet.jpg

dusk.jpg

clouds.jpg

auspost.jpg

bench.jpg

^^ he said to me 'I'm not a happy man so don't expect me to smile' but had no problem with me taking the photo

kim_01.jpg

The last one is very crooked, I know.. Thanks for looking

5,7 and 9 are my favs.... good series :thumbup:

what does cross prosessed actually mean? I like the "vibe" of these photos! Good Set number 8 sure does it for me.

Cross-processing entails developing film in non-compatible chemistry. Transparency film uses E6 chemistry and print film uses C41 chemistry. So with cross-processing you would switch film and chemistry combinations.

If print film (negative film) is developed in E6 (transparency) chemistry instead of the usual C-41 process, then a positive image will appear on the film. In similarly when transparency film is developed with a C41 process (like in a 1-hour lab), then it will produce a negative image - which can then be printed.

http://www.planetneil.com/faq/cross-processing.html

1, 8, and 9 are FTW. 1 especially, because after you pointed out the irony, i thought i realized how awesome it was. The cross processing it really effective in these. They feel like found photos.

Thanks everyone.

I'm pleased with number 1 too. Im not sure if anyone would remember but I took a photo of the same scene a while ago on some b&w film. It was almost exactly the same shot, with just a man walking in the opposite direction of the sign. When I saw the seagull I had to take it. :)

Most reactions

Back