cross processing fuji provia (help please)

Discussion in 'Film Discussion and Q & A' started by margaridasf, Apr 13, 2008.

1. margaridasf

margaridasf TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    i'm currently shooting a roll of fuji provia 400 (120mm slide film) and i planned on cross processing it until i learned that to do so i should have been shooting it pushed two stops.

apparently i can get it pushed when i get it processed. does anyone have information/experience with the provia? does it really need to be pushed? does it look good when it's pushed and cross processed?

should i just change my mind and get it developed in E6 and then scan the slides?

thanks

2. nealjpage

nealjpage multi format master in a film geek package

Photos OK to edit
    Provia is pretty contrasty. I'd just get it processed as C-41 and go from there. I mean, if it's a learning experience for you, I'm sure you'll get something out of it. If it doesn't turn out right, you can push it by one step next time.

IMO, of course.

3. McManniss

McManniss TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    OK. I've done a fair amount of cross processing several years ago but since then have been shooting my slide film and developing it normal.

The Provia 400 is one of my favorite films too. If you deciede to keep it slides, pushing it 1 stop it will still look good. I dont know about 2 stops thou.

What kind of subject are you shooting, and what kind of lighting is there. If you are shooting something in direct sunlight, I've found that overexposing it 1 1/2 - 2 stops works well. I did a test with all the Fuji and Kodak slide films a couple of years ago and bracketed the entire roll, from -2 stops to +2 stops.

If you are shooting something with white in it, the whites will blow out if your exposure is not +1 to +2. All i can recommend it bracket your exposures.

See what happens and experiment a little. Thats the only way i found out how the film would react.