Crow in the Snow

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
4216439713_895cc3f025_o.jpg

c&c always appreciated :)

I really like this. But what kind of crow is that? That's not your average crow beak. Looks a little Finch-y

Amazing detail! I can barely get the eyes visible in my crow shots let alone see detail in them.

I love the feathers on the top of his beak, beautiful.

Amazing detail! I can barely get the eyes visible in my crow shots let alone see detail in them.

Thank you. Was a nice white wintery day, so the contrast was nice.

Casserole said:
I love the feathers on the top of his beak, beautiful.

Thank you Casserole.

Black on white is tough.
If it were mine I would increase the black point to make the black crow a little more black, still preserving the details in the black of course.
I like the composition and the way you focused it.

It's a good image.

I wish the whole beak was in focus and that the crow was much darker, rather than a charcol grey.

Like another poster mentioned, I too feel the processing robs the crow of some of it's identity. So much so that it looks more finch-like than crow like. I think part of that finch-like look is just the perspective angle on the beak.

great shot! very nice detail

Black on white is tough.
If it were mine I would increase the black point to make the black crow a little more black, still preserving the details in the black of course.
I like the composition and the way you focused it.

Good thinking. I'll have to try that. Thanks Shockey.

KmH said:
It's a good image.

I wish the whole beak was in focus and that the crow was much darker, rather than a charcol grey.

Like another poster mentioned, I too feel the processing robs the crow of some of it's identity. So much so that it looks more finch-like than crow like. I think part of that finch-like look is just the perspective angle on the beak.

Believe it or not, the photo had almost zero post processing (sharpened a touch is all). I will try to increase the black point as Shockey suggests and see how that goes. Thanks for the comment.

Most reactions

Back