Cruises & Amusement Parks do they need...??

iSellJerseyShore

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.iselljerseyshore.com
OK this may or may not be a silly question, and may have even been addressed before somewhere deep within one of the many "model release" threads.....

My question is how come when you go on a Cruise or to a Amusement park they can take your picture without a model release? I know they are taking the picture to sell back to you.. I guess they would need a model release to use the picture for promotional purposes...

So would it be ok to go to an event and take pictures and try to sell them to people? Of course with permission from the event management or establishment owners.... I dont know if I am being clear enough with what I am trying to say... I will leave it at this for now and see what kind of responses I get and if any additional details are needed.......

-iSellJerseyShore

I doubt you could take pictures of others without a model release since its not a 'public' space so to say since it is a privately owned establishment. But it depends since you supposedly can take a picture of someone as long as its not in a place that would be expected to be 'private' and I really doubt you could expect to be in Disneyland alone =p They can take your picture all they want since usually on the enterance ticket they have some line about by entering the park they can do whatever they want with you.

Yea im just trying to figure this out in my head... Im not thinking about going to Disneyland or any other major Theme Park, I was just using them as examples as to what I was talking about..

OK I think I have a better example, how about like when bars or night clubs take a picture of a group of people, you can clearly identify the people in the picture... I see pictures like that all the time posted on an array of different websites... Are they up until someone writes them or calls them and says take it down??

-iSellJerseyShore

Most reactions

New Topics

Back