Cruising the waters of Bosporus (Istanbul, Turkey)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
3065510327_5340725778_o.jpg

A little scene seen from the side of the boat we (the group I was travelling with) were on when we (also) cruised the waters of Bosporus in Istanbul, Turkey, in the evening of Sunday, 12 October.

(By and by I'm getting round to editing and putting up more pics from that trip, but hundreds are still waiting ... :roll: )
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3269/3065510327_5340725778_o.jpg

I like the light on the boat (late afternoon?), how non-chalant he looks sitting on that box, the bow wave, and the fluttering flag. It all makes for an interesting shot, where you keep looking and noticing new things.

Thank you so for looking and commenting, Anty. I can always rely on you to get at least one comment. :hugs: :goodvibe:

Nice image...and I agree on the lighting. It appears that he didn't even know you photographed him.

Oh no, he didn't. There are sooo many boats out there on Bosporus, of all sizes, it is a very, very busy stretch of water, and he was just one on a smaller boat, we were on a tourist cruiser boat, and I am sure such tourist boats pass him daily. He was just going his way.

And the light was extra sweet on that late afternoon/early evening, too true!

I like this. The warmth of the light, the pose of the guy driving the boat and the flag all give you nice visuals. Good job here.

Oh. Thank you Mark! That little sentence feels like high praise, coming from you! Makes me happy :goodvibe: .

But to most this is very boring as a photo, isn't it?

It's got a nice relaxing feel to it and as pixeldawg says, the light is particularly pleasing. The only thing I think it might benefit from would be a little more room around the boat, it has an ever so slightly cramped feel to it at the moment. How many more have you got to process, I'm not sure I've seen too many from that trip yet?

OK, went to the originals and checked whether I cropped this one somewhat or if this was what I had from the start. Indeed, I did crop it a little... I just wanted to get rid of that other boat or whatever that element in the upper righthand corner is, and of the far bank.

99321.jpg

This is the only one I got of this man on his boat. Like I said: I was on a boat, too, when I took this, going in the other direction, so he approached, passed us, and went by in a very short period of time. Hence this is the only one I managed to take.

I took many more photos in Turkey, but don't quite feel like posting too many, I can't really make up my mind, you see. They are just holiday pics...

Under those circumstances it seems to me you did a very great job!

What i like about this is the colors that coming off of the water. Give the photo more color which is always a good thing in most cases!

But to most this is very boring as a photo, isn't it?

Not at all.

I notice all kinds if interesting small things in the photo - the boat, the wake, the tire hanging over the edge, the flag (looks like Georgia Bulldogs) flying, where the top of the flagpole looks slightly crooked, the slight discolorations towards the front and back of the white hull, the name of the boat, the places where paint is chipped off, the small motor, the
colors and texture of the surface of the water, the whitecaps, the bouy in the top r/h corner of the shot...

I wonder if he is going out, or in with a catch, what he caught...

Most reactions

Back