Crying girl...

or

refaceeexd1.jpg

I'm also with Traveler! Great photo, with "fixed" WB even better!

In commenting on pictures, the question I ask myself is not whether I like it or not but if there is anything that keeps it from being a better picture.

That is more helpful to forming my opinions.

IMO, picture is good but color is off-putting

These changes, for example, were done according to techniques on this link

http://www.smugmug.com/help/skin-tone

redfacecccms6.jpg
I hope the OP doesn't mind these edits. Whenever the red "My photos are NOT OK to edit" is present, I look for later text that grants permission to edit within the thread.

In this case, I still see none.

Sorry, I don't like it. Feels too much like a conscious construction, like you're purposely trying to pull the tears out of her. Even if that wasn't the case, the picture doesn't evoke anything outside a basic sadness.

:hail: I love it!! I had to do a similar shoot in school.

What I like is how her lips and nose are red. That makes it look totally real.

Thats what happenes to me when I cry.

The Traveller beat me to it. The pink nose in the original looks like she has a cold and rubbed her nose raw with tissues. Traveller did a good job.

Photo is fab.

gripping.

i feel guilty just looking at it

That's a great picture, but honestly, it would have been so much more if water wasn't used.

That drop near her left eye (right in the photo) looks fake and out of place, tears are supposed to come from lacrimal canals/glands, which are located near the same side of your eye as your nose, that's why tears mostly run down your cheeks and not your jaw :)

Very emotional and powerful shot.

Most reactions

Back