CS5 HDR????

CNCO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone seen CS5 Photoshop? Apparently I heard you can do HDR now. Anyone used it?

You can do HDR with CS3 but I wouldnt advise it. I find when Adobe includes some good feature made popular by the programming of another company, their efforts are not as good. CS5 might shock us. But I doubt it.

so im assuming that photomatix pro is still the #1 choice? if i were to get into hdr using my d80 i guess i should use a tri pod, take 3 images of the same object at -2 / 0 / +2 and then import them into photomatix pro?

am i missing anysteps.

Its not as quick and dry like that. The number of exposures you take depends on the lighting situation. Ive taken as many as 9 shots. Remember if you take too many its better than not taking enough. And if at all possible use a tripod.

even after loading them into photomatrix and merging there is work to do, it just isn't a one button push does the job.

some type ago, i tested PS with several special types of images and wasn't too happy with the results. There are some things that are just better done with stand alone software, however, i would suggest you download some trial version of software you interested in and take the same image and see which package gives you the best results for you.

I prefer photomatrix it produces far superior HDR Images, than photoshop. Although Cs5 does look like it has improved, but I think I'll wait till I see some comparisons until I make a final decision.

Photomatix Pro has more sophisticated tools than Photoshop's HDR feature does though I haven't yet seen CS5. I have it pre-ordered and they'll send it eventually.

As Ann pointed out merging images, tone-mapping, or image blending in Photomatix Pro is only part of the process used to make an HDR.

Frequently, an image is started in Photomatix, opened in Photoshop, edited and then returned to Photomatix for further work. It may go back and forth several times before it is finished.

Most reactions

Back