Cuckoo's Egg

alik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, this foto was taken last week on the Alpy mountain.

It's name is "Cuckoo's Egg". I would like to hear a feedback from you what do you think about the idea, composition, colors etc. Thanks.

The Panasonic DMC-FZ7 camera on ISO-80 was used. The background (upper half) was made litle bit more contrast, one ugly column was cutted and some color correction was performed. More details about the camera settings can be found in the EXIF information of the file.

P1030113h.jpg

The colors of the snowblowers are decent, but the sky is dull. It's a relatively unexciting shot...not sure where you were going with it.

I like the fact that the snow makers (I think that's what those things are) go from on third to another third. Your eye has something to follow into the picture; however, there is too much going on to be of any interest. If you were to somehow take the lift out of the background this picture would be a lot more intreging. Almost mysterious, because for the ones that don't have a clue of what those things are it would interesting enough (I think) that they would inquire about them.

Hi BoblyBill and MaxBloom,

thank you for your valuable comments. I have replaced the background with the one I made yesterday. I would like to ask for your feedback once more. Thank you again for your help.

P1030113j.jpg

it feels a little fake to me, and i dont really know why... I like it, and when i look , everything looks real, but maybe its just because i know that the lift SHOULD be there and it isnt... cool shot though

Hi BoblyBill and MaxBloom,

thank you for your valuable comments. I have replaced the background with the one I made yesterday. I would like to ask for your feedback once more. Thank you again for your help.

P1030113j.jpg

I like this better. I would agree it could use a bit more real looking sky (it seems to light of a blue). And the snow is almost blown out but I do like this one better. A non-skier this would be rather mystious and possibly intriging.

I like this better. I would agree it could use a bit more real looking sky (it seems to light of a blue). And the snow is almost blown out but I do like this one better. A non-skier this would be rather mystious and possibly intriging.

Thank you again for your feedback. I will try to find for a different sky. I have took this one during the really sunny day.

BoblyBill, I'm sorry, I haven't got your last sentence. Would you rewrite it for me using different words, please? Thank you.

Thank you again for your feedback. I will try to find for a different sky. I have took this one during the really sunny day.

BoblyBill, I'm sorry, I haven't got your last sentence. Would you rewrite it for me using different words, please? Thank you.

Yeah... I'm sorry about that... I can't type sometimes (ok almost never can I type correctly).

What I was saying was that if a non-skier saw this they would probably find intrest in it because it's intriging.

Most reactions

Back