Curious: What's your favourite donuts

photong said:
Scott WRG Editor said:
I'll vote for Krispy Kreme glaze though I can only eat 2 before I'm sugared to death.

I tried Tim Hortons when I was up in Ottawa but they were old and stale so not really a good sample I guess.

Yeah you went at the wrong time of the day. They make them (although I think now they come from someplace else I heard instead of them baking them there. I don't know how many Timmy's are like that. and I don't notice a difference.) twice a day I think. During the night and the day. Mine always put them out for the morning rush around 6am, and then the again at around 230 for the afternoon. But that's my store. :) Also, every store's hot choccolate somehow is different :/

Yeah, it was near midnight I guess, I was up there for the July 1st celebrations and we stopped on the way back to a friends house. The hot chocolate was great though. I would assume the water is the difference between the stores. I notice that with fountain soda here in the states.

AlisonS said:
I'm a Dunkin Donuts girl :) My fave....love the chocolate cake type ones, and Boston Cream. We had Krispy Kreme in MN but they were to sugary for me. I like a donut with a little more bulk to it :mrgreen:

I like the Boston creme ones but the cake type donuts I can do without. I grew up on pastry type donuts so I guess I'm biased.

photong said:
Mine is a cruller
2.jpg
:)

Me too :D

Scott WRG Editor said:
voodoocat said:
All this talk about dunking bread products in liquid makes me want to dunk my head in the toilet :puke:

Are you saying your head is made out of bread?
:p

I'm saying it makes me want to puke... in a toilet. since puking on the floor is rude. and not fun to clean up.

oriecat said:
My faves are apple fritters, then bavarians. I've never heard of some of the others in this thread, but I know a lot of things go by regional names. I don't have a store preference. I do not like Krispy Kremes, I didn't see what all the hype was about.

I MIGHT have heard of a bavarian (but I might be thinking of a Borovan cake thing I've seen on Neopets)...but I've never seen one anywhere. I don't see the hype either. I do like getting a free, warm fresh one when I walk in the door though. Unless they've stopped that. It's been two years since I've been there. lol There's one KC far away from me and I don't drive, but theres a Timmys on every corner. Gee I wonder who I'd go to first lol

ferny said:
The one that's there now. I was trying it earlier. Here's what happens.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/ferny/0c345b73.gif
Bookmark this site. http://www.freewebspace.net/

That makes me sad. I wonder if how many other people have that problem -_- I know people are visiting it, I get like 3 hits a day.....well that sucks a HUGE cake doughnut right in the mouth. I honestly don't know what or why or how to fix it.

photong said:
I MIGHT have heard of a bavarian

Well to me a bavarian is a filled donut, full of custard, topped with chocolate.. I think it's like what others called a Boston Cream? But I think the filling is slightly different, more of a custard than a cream.

Your host (free isn't it) is probably having a bad day, or week... I'll leave it in the background for a while.

It's working fine for me Ferny (but there may be reasons for it). It just doesn't like you. :) Or your browser, or whatever you're using. I don't want a blank white page as a website :(

oriecat said:
photong said:
I MIGHT have heard of a bavarian

Well to me a bavarian is a filled donut, full of custard, topped with chocolate.. I think it's like what others called a Boston Cream? But I think the filling is slightly different, more of a custard than a cream.

Bavarian must be spelt wrong or I really suck at searching. All I can find are two pictures of cakes for the image search, and nothing for web search on Google...Google failed me :cry:

Opera
Version information
Version 7.54
Build 3865
Platform Win32
System Windows 2000

Java Sun Java Runtime Environment version 1.4
VoiceXML Plugin not available

And IE6

Doesn't work in either. Maybe it only words with Portuguese connections?

Site loads fine for me :)

Most reactions

Back