Curious

Lazy_B

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
If someone asked you to have your picture coz it stood out and punched you in the face.. would you hand it over?

If someone from the forum here asked for one of mine i'd email it straight away to them for free.. all they would have to do is get it printed etc.. if it was used for commerical purposes i'd ask for a fee.... my question is....... would you do the same if it was used for personal use or would you charge even though it was still being used for personal use?

curious to hear other's thought's on the subject

actually just after reading it about the commerical use... i'd still let them have it for free one on condition. and that would have to have my name signed on it somewhere... even though a lot of us don't rely on photography as a full time job..... if my name was plastered over it somewhere it may bring future work my way

huh?:scratch:

sorry dude... my kiwi slang is getting the better of me here..... what i meant to see.. a picture that caught your eye and looked really cool. one that you would have proudly hanging on your wall at home from another photographer

sorry dude... my kiwi slang is getting the better of me here..... what i meant to see.. a picture that caught your eye and looked really cool. one that you would have proudly hanging on your wall at home from another photographer

are you asking wether or not I would charge someone for one of my pictures if they really liked it or would I just give it to them and expect nothing in return?

I don't have an answer because I don't know what I would do. I suppose if they really wanted it, they would offer me something for it.

I went to a hockey game with some coworkers (4 of us). Me and one other are extreme hockey fans. The other two were there just for the experience (it was a work trip). I had a photo of the arena from the very top seats and he wanted to print it out. I sent him the full res photo and he put it on snapfish and had it printed.

I go to the RC airplane show with my daughter every year. Previous 2 years all I had was an old 2 mp full auto camera. This year, I will have my knowledge gained here and on the net of photography and hope to achieve some great shots. The RC club has a website and I plan on uploading the photos to flickr/photobucket and sending the club the link. That way they can use them on their website if they want.

I don't abide by the "I'm so fantastic and my pictures are worth hundreds" philosophy that goes on around here. I don't abide by the "photography is art" philosophy that is so rampant here. I have a camera and I like to use it. I like to take photos when I go somewhere such as a hockey game or an RC air show. If I take photos of something that I think someone involved with that event would like to have, I will let them have them.

I do go by the philosophy that your photos are copyrighted and no one should just download and use them without your permission, but I'm not so wrapped up in myself that I think someone should pay me huge amounts of money for them.

I don't abide by the "I'm so fantastic and my pictures are worth hundreds" philosophy that goes on around here. I don't abide by the "photography is art" philosophy that is so rampant here. I have a camera and I like to use it. I like to take photos when I go somewhere such as a hockey game or an RC air show. If I take photos of something that I think someone involved with that event would like to have, I will let them have them.

I do go by the philosophy that your photos are copyrighted and no one should just download and use them without your permission, but I'm not so wrapped up in myself that I think someone should pay me huge amounts of money for them.
Some people on the other side of this might call that making a living.

Most reactions

Back