Cursing myself...

ketan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

Saw the review and features of Canon 40D on the net priced at $1300 for body + $ 100 for 18-55 kit lens.

I cursed myself for having purchased 30D last month at $ 1,200 with 18-55 kit lens.
For extra $200 could have got better features.:hail:

In fact when last month Canon abruptly dropped prices of 30D almost by $300, instead of getting greedy should have understood that 40D is round the corner.

ketan:er:

Ketan - You are faced with the same situation that many of us are in. As you notice, I have a couple of 20D's and a 30D.

I moved to the 20d as it gave me the features I NEEDED to get the job done for my kind of shooting. The 30D gave my added features (spot metering, etc).

These will continue to produce good images for as long as they last.

The whole enterprise evolves around your mindset. The new model will give nice features but are they necessary to continue your present style and method of shooting?

Kind of the 'hamster-in-the-wheel' thing. Change the wheel (new model) but not the situation.

My customers don't give a hoot as to what camera I use....they buy the image produced.

The above comments are outstanding. I am using a D100 which is considered by many to be an antique in today's world ; however, it does everything i need to do. People seem to like my images and buy them from time to time without any thought to what camera or what features are found on my camera.

Use your camera, have fun with it and when and if you out grow it , then you can decided what should come next.

Thanks Ann....... we are probably being very naive in thinking we are going to change minds in this little out of the way forum.

I reckon that those of us who use our cameras as real tools as opposed to 'trophy' items, look at photography in a totally different way.

In my case, it isn't a money restriction, its just having very adequate gear that isn't going to change or drastically improve the quality of my work.

My seven year old vehicle still gets me to events on time also.

As long as people come up to me and say things like "I just love your photos", and then back it up with an order, well..........

perhaps our age (read experience) is showing lol

you probably are correct with the attitude of using vs trophy.

shucks my favorite film camera is at least 40 years old.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back