*CUSTOMERS!* (rant)

I would get fired in a day working service...luckily I work in an office that is not open to the public in any way. (Gotta love places with confidentiality agreements!)

I could tell you a ton of stories about a young female working in an automotive department. Rude comments,and things. Im sure your imagination can figure them out, without me having to post them. My daughter told me some doozies.
Our planet has change, some for the good, and some for the bad. On the good side, she is now an operations manager at a company, probably making more then the guy who was being a dork, and ....is definatly making more then me. :lmao::lmao:

I'm sure there are some amazing stories from there. I'm impressed that she dealt with it so well and was able to get some satisfaction from making that guy wait. I am sure many of her stories would break my heart though.

Usually those people are pretty miserable and I'm sure your daughter is doing much better than most of them in so many ways. I congratulate her on her success.

I'm sure there are some amazing stories from there. I'm impressed that she dealt with it so well and was able to get some satisfaction from making that guy wait. I am sure many of her stories would break my heart though.

Usually those people are pretty miserable and I'm sure your daughter is doing much better than most of them in so many ways. I congratulate her on her success.
I have seen my daughter angry...and when she gets angry, Im sure even TPF has felt the tremble. :lol::lmao: I tend to stay locked up in my crypt on those nights. :mrgreen:

I went to the back, sat on a garbage can, and slowly settled down.
But I was royally pissed.
A nice bubble bath in the sink used for washing the utensils would have been good for you :D.

There are many many times that I am standing in line at Walmart, fast food joint, Lowes, or many other stores when I am so tempted to smack the person in front of me upside the head (and more) for the way they treat the cashier or other workers.

I worked in a grocery store in high school. We would have sales on 12-pack Pepsi products during the summer where the store actually lost money on the sales. We would run out of product and have signs posted everywhere explaining we were out of stock. The signs were VERY large, VERY bright, and explained in detail how between our sale and the competitor store's sale down the road has wiped out the warehouses not just in western Pennsylvania, but also in Ohio and West Virginia. People would be reading the signs, then stop me and demand irately that I get them the 12-packs of Pepsi that we were hiding in the back room.

I hate annoying customers!! When I worked at Food Maxx people would get mad at me for things like: Items not having prices, No bike racks outside, Things being reloctated..Lots of things out of my control. And then they get mad when I don't know the answers to their questions. I tell them nicely, but most get all mad... like the kid who bags grocherys is supposed to know why a certain item doesn't have a price!

But then again, some are really nice. I love those customers.

Just remember this you do/did this to your teachers back in high school. You were the pain in the butt at some other time. Remember this every time you talk in class when the teacher is lecturing or play games in the back.

I worked at McDonalds for over 2 years.

I was moved from main customer service to Drive through because people couldn't see my expressions which used to tell the whole story rather than my friendly voice.

Even if I was saying something like "Yes sir no problem, I'll fix that for you" I had this smug little face that read "Go F-uck yourself you piece of Sh!t".

The greatest part about working at McDonalds was stealing things. And while I don't recommend theft. I highly recommend stealing from McDonald's. So liberating.

Hockey Cards, Food, Money, Gum, TV's, VCR's.

(I didn't steal that TV or VCR, but I know someone that did)

I did a close open shift there once, and the manager left the friggin SAFE open. My friend and I spent 3 hours drinking coffee and eating personal size pizza's trying to figure out how we could empty it, and get away with it (safe obviously had a camera trained on it).

Anyway. You handled it well. Good Job. You'll get a raise for that. A whole 10c an hour.

Working any customer front job is a very humbling experience. I've done retail, bowling alley, pool hall, college print desk, business college computer support, phone technical support, and even now in disaster recovery. Each time has been a learning experience in both how to deal with people of all walks of life and how to do so with patience.

Big Mike is right... unhappy and angry people leading fulfilling lives generally like to share their misery. You did very well.... and you should be proud of how you handled the situation.

Don't be surprised if a future job interview is conducted at a restaurant. It has happened to me several times. I never truly understood until I became the interviewer on the other side of the table. The advice I was given in the role as an interviewer was to observe how the candidate communicates and treats the server (waitress etc..) in a setting that tends to allow people to put their guard down.

Most reactions

Back