Cuts, Scrapes and Scars.

Luminosity said:
Ouch ! Yeah I know what ya mean re. being cautious.... my left knee has dislocated several times too and it threatens to pop out every now and again.
Like Pringles , once ya pop ya cant stop ? :lol:

That's very true actually...once you've dislocated your knee once..well, any bone injury really, you are DEFINATELY more prone to it happening again. When I was in school, I knew a kid that broke his arm 5 or 6 times!

Digital Matt, I think you may win the prize. Your prize is that you're here to tell about it. :)

I have nothing in comparision. Like Ferny, I have a chicken pox scar - mines on my cheek.

I have a fat lip from a bike fall when I was a kid. Fell on a man hole cover. My school pictures show it quite a bit but it's gone down considerably.

I also have a 2 inch scar on my leg from a different bike fall (on gravel). Yet, cycling is still my favorite.

And I have a few small (very insignificant) burn marks cause I can't seem to cook without burning myself.

Lumi, that sounds like a heck of a scar and quite a story.

My sister's knee dislocates from time to time. Last time was as she tried to run across the street in Philly, in traffic, as she went down she was yelling to her husband to "hold that taxi".

I'm a keen cyclist as well, just not the kind that involves roads. I'm most often seen hurtling through a wood smothered in mud and getting probably closer to the trees than any sane person would.

As a result I frequently have shins that look like hamburger meat when I lose my footing and slam my spiky metal pedals into them. Naturally they are pretty scarred by now. I also have a large triangular scar on my knee from when I hit a tree and tore a chunk of flesh out of it.

Other than that i'm in pretty good shape. I've never been into hospital for anything major, and the only time i've had stitches was when I managed to cut my thumb in half with my swiss army knife..

poor matt... :( but I'm glad that everythink is ok now... in the near future I'll post a cute scar on my hand :p

Well...

When I was 7 - I ran through a building site and cut my leg open on the tin roof (which was on the floor at the time)... My parents were sick and very angry when our neighbour carried me home... It was almost healed - and some kid at school kicked me.

Then when I was eleven - I was cleaning our pool out - and i was day dreaming - and i fell off the deck... I hit my head on the edge of the deck, on the retaining wall next to the deck, then on the pavement below the deck... (when I had my head shaved in 2001 - we noticed the two scars that I got from it)...

also when I was little - my brother swung the gate on the way to school - and I'm short - the gate swung back and smacked me in the head - so i have a lump in the middle of my head (next to my hairline)...

I have also falled off monkey bars (after running through the sprinkler and hanging upside down on the monkey bars)... at that stage our swing set was over rocks... I hit my head on the rocks... So many times mum took me to the doctor because i had done this - eventually she gave up...

and thats about all the good stories i have for my scars...

I think Matt won too.

I have a scar on each knee. One from a dog bite when I was 13 and one from flipping my bike over backwards and having gravel stuck in it. I also have a J shaped scar on my throat and just above the crook of my left elbow (and some scarring up my left arm) from being burned with scalding hot water when I was 18 months old. It wouldn't have been so bad except that I was wearing a plastic lined bib that melted into the skin.

well hell yeah matt wins but heres my contribution...

i have a 6 inch scar running from the beginning of my "little friend" up to my hip bone from a double hernia repair. they put 6 inches of screen mesh in my body..

also, i have a half moon scar around my left nip due to a malignant tumor removal.

i think thats it..

md

Geez, so many of you have had some serious accidents and surgeries. I think it's time for a group hug!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back