CVS disposable camera...

iLens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
hey, has anyone experimented with these new re-usable digital cameras from CVS? they use an old Palm usb connector, a friend of mine has hacked one of the Video cameras. so for $30 you can get a digital still camera or a video camera. they are pretty small and lightweight.

no haven't tried them... although I imagine the quality is horrid.

nope, I've never heard of it even. Should be interesting to see how many hacks come out for it though, and also the quality of the camera.

I figure my little compact digital, eventhough it wasn't 'cheap' per se, it is cheap enough that if I do wreck it I won't be devestated.

The video camera version of this disposable thing has me interested though. I'll have to look into that a bit more.

Well, the business model for this probably relies on most people returning the cameras so they could resell them. To me it seems like paying $30 to rent a camera, I would be really interested to see the hacks for this.

i've seen some stuff they've done with the video cameras. some guy attached one to a model rocket. from what i understand the video camera is harder to crack then the still camera. also you get a DVD back when you bring in your video camera.

Most reactions

Back