CW Jones, Just saying hi

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by CW Jones, Feb 26, 2009.

1. CW Jones

CW Jones TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey everyone, my name is Collin and I am addicted to photography. I am from Connecticut and am currently going to school for photography. This is not my first time on a forum, so I get the general idea haha. I will post up some of my pictures eventually, I also have a bunch of questions to ask. Not sure what you guys like for info... but here is what I have

Canon Powershot SX110 IS for digital

and

Pentax SF10 35mm SLR :thumbup:
    I LOVE film photography, while it does seem to be getting phased out by the world of digital... I know there are still a few people like me out there that still love 35mm. I only shoot black and white 35mm, its just a personal preference I guess. Along with the camera I have a couple lenses, one is a Macro (28-50 I believe) and one is a 70-200mm lens

I have a few questions to ask as well... I will put them in here rather than making a new thread. If I don't get too many answers then I will make a new one.
    -I am very into my 35mm camera... I am looking for some filters for the end of the camera that will work well with B&W... any thoughts?
    -Is there a way to either replace the mirror in the camera with one that has third lines on it? or is there a way to add third lines? I usually don't use them except for making sure my picture is level.

so that's me... anything else you want to know PLEASE don't hesitate to ask!

-Collin

2. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi Collin, welcome aboard.

For BW photography I would get the following filters:

Red, Yellow, Green, Orange, Neutral Density and Polarizer.

As for having lines on your mirror, not a good idea. You would be much better off with having the ground glass part of the viewfinder etched. Mirrors tend to deteriorate very fast.

3. CW Jones

CW Jones TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    should I either search or ask in a different thread what all of those filters will do for me? haha and which would be the best 1 or 2 for them? when you say the glass etched.... is that something commonly done? are the mirrors in the camera replaceable? I like the idea of etching the viewfinder... if its commonly done lol the mirror in my camera has some marks and stuff that are annoying... just wondering if I can relapace it?