Cyan Photos

bouncing_around

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone, i'm new here!:)

I'm trying to find some info on cyanophotos (or something along those lines). The shot turns out like a blue Solarisation (or Sabattier effect) and the image turns smoky. Trying to find info on how to do it is almost impossible. Can anyone help?

There's actually a ton of info out there, as long as you know where to look. ;) Getting started can be frustrating - trust me, I know. :lol:

The alternative photography website is very helpful. Take it a step further and follow the links on THAT site, too. And google "cyanotypes" - you'll find more articles, books, sites than you can throw a stick at.

Good luck! And if you do some, be sure and post them here for us to admire, ok? I like the look, but as Matt was saying, it's a contact print method so you'll need a fat negative size to start with, and that stops me every time. So keep that part in mind, and consider your available cameras.

we had to make cyanotypes in high school... we got around the big negative thing by making "negatives" on kodalith ortho film. it was a pain in the bottom, but we ended up with really great looking 5x7 cyanos.

and, i think you can take a print to a print shop and have them make a transparency of it, any size.

cyanomountain.jpg

They are alot easier than everyone thinks. Thanks to the coolestteacher in the world. I took the image and just printed it out as a negative onto a transparency. you can do great cyanotyps at home. They are one of my fav. things to do. You can find the solution at Freestyle

Most reactions

Back