"Cyanotype" photos work in progress

Vudoo4u2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all,

lately ive been working on a cyanotype effect photo album, here are a couple just as examples, c+c very welcome :)

wall1.jpg

shape1sm.jpg

these look awesome, give me some ideas since we are actually going to do cyanotypes this friday, in one of my classes.

what ive gathered from cyanotype is that it is an alternative process to printing, you use a different chemical i believe it is iron type chemical instead of the normal silver halide use in b&w printing. both are light responsive only with this all tones are shown in a cyan color due to the chemical you use. but you coat the paper in the iron chemical mix, and expose like you would normal do, when making a b&w print. correct me if im wrong.

these look awesome, give me some ideas since we are actually going to do cyanotypes this friday, in one of my classes.

what ive gathered from cyanotype is that it is an alternative process to printing, you use a different chemical i believe it is iron type chemical instead of the normal silver halide use in b&w printing. both are light responsive only with this all tones are shown in a cyan color due to the chemical you use. but you coat the paper in the iron chemical mix, and expose like you would normal do, when making a b&w print. correct me if im wrong.

+1 on the process

appreciate the positive feedback from everyone

the reason I put "cyanotype" in quotes was because these are all digital images, so as far as the processing goes, this is photoshop cs4 based, but I was going for the cyanotype effect that ive found really interesting lately. I'm addicted to the eery contrast

for the first shot, the staircase seems to be crooked, not sure if that's intended or not. also, there is a streak running along the right side of the photo on my screen, but i love the effect.

for the first shot, the staircase seems to be crooked, not sure if that's intended or not. also, there is a streak running along the right side of the photo on my screen, but i love the effect.

As far as the staircase, the base of the staircase is level with the horizon, however, as this is an actual staircase inside the MOMA museum in new york, the vertical lines of the staircase window are not perfectly straight. Something I considered altering, but I like the variation, makes for a more interesting shot I think. As far as the streak, thats just the wall :) I'm considering making the color more level on the walls there, but not sure about it yet...

thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back