Cyber-shot DSC-H20

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by needhelpeeps, Jul 27, 2009.

1. needhelpeeps

needhelpeeps TPF Noob!

I tested this camera on a variety of subjects today from a can of air a foot away to some scenery shots to close ups of insects and flowers. I think it does a really good job and the autofocus actually focuses on what I am pointing the freakin camera at.. hooray I say after fighting with the nikon 5600 for so long and then my g5 dying after 2 days. lol. Anyway, for a person who just wants to point and shoot and have the thing work this is a great camera from what I've seen so far. It's the first one that hasn't given me fits and works like a champ. The pictures are very sharp, the zoom is good (photos I zoomed way up on from 8' were sharp as well as those that I was a foot from). Hopefully the thing just won't fall apart on me now. The LCD screen is big which is good but it's not protected by a cover or anything and the flash doesn't automatically flip back down so I have to remember to push it down. The photos are a little better in quality than photos under the same conditions with the g5 and the autofocus works more consistently and the flash works a heck of a lot better (some photos you can hardly tell I used a flash on). So far, I am a happy campor.

2. lvcrtrs

lvcrtrs TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the info. I want a P-n-S Superzoom so I'd like to hear opinions from end users.

3. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Then you might want to start your own thread to increase the visibilty of your request.

4. needhelpeeps

needhelpeeps TPF Noob!

I look for reviews on amazon and then post here too. On amazon I look at the 1 star and 2 stars and rule out any camera that seems to have legitimate problems (something besides the user not knowing how to use the camera's controls/features). Still looking for a deal on a 35 mm lense too :) Only fair warning, if it dies in 2 days I will hunt you down just like the joker who sold me the g5!