Cyclamen.

Dragonfly..shotz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, if its ok, have posted the same pic twice but two different manual focus and you will see the difference. Would be interested to know which one you would prefer?? Any CC would also be great. Shot with a Canon 40D and 100mm F/2.8 macro. Many thanks.

think_pink_.jpg

think_pink_2_1221464010.jpg

looking at both as separate photos the first looks very good with sharpness - the second looks like a soft shot since the plane of focus is way back out of the main area of interest.
Out of interest are you looking to make these two shots into a single stacked photo?

Thanks, you confirmed what I had suspected but was not sure. As for a stack, is that like a HDR? Go for it if you can do it because I have never done one. Thanks Overread.

Ah not HDR - what you do is you take two photos (or more) with different planes of focus - edit both to the same settings - and then you put the both into the same photoshop/editing file. You do this by copy pasting one photo into a layer of the other - then with both photos in the same file the second will cover over the first - set this "top" photo to a low opacity so that you can see the other lower photo through the first; then apply a layermask to the upper photo and bush out its out of focus sections in favour of the lower photos in focus areas. The result is a greater depth of field in a single photo.

This only works where both photos have no subject or frame movement (that is the challenge) so as they can be lined up perfectly in editing (many times you can add some canvas to a shot so that when you place one over the other and set the opacity to low you can move one shot around a little to line them up)

edit - tried it with yours, but the photos appear to be sacaled to different sizes, so the flowers won't line up

Cool, sounds like the way to go, top info. I am not surprised if they are scaled different, I did not have that idea in mind, now I do.. Thanks!!

Most reactions

Back