Cyclist

tecboy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
San Jose, Cali, The Heart of Silicon Valley
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have not ridden a my old Diamondback for a very long time. I just clean it up and get it tune after storing in the shed in a long, long time. Just curious, what kind the bike do you ride?

Haro mountain bike. Been sitting in the shed for....... well a few years.... It is near 20 years old i think now..
Think i paid fourteen hundred for it. Probably worth about fifty bucks at this point.

Probably should note, the thing still looks almost new last i paid any attention to it. To say it saw much use would be a lie. I think i actually moutain biked, twice. sorta. Other than that it took a few strolls around the block with the kids. You could probably shine it up and put it back on a showroom floor and no one would know the difference..

i thought i would like mountain biking, until i did it. Then i just missed my atv. :bouncingsmileys:

The shining parts are covered with rust spots. I recently watched several youtube videos on 'How to remove rust from a bicycle.' Interestedly, I have to use a crumble up foil and some water and scrub the metal parts. I can't wait to get my bike back and try this. It is still in the tune shop.

The shining parts are covered with rust spots. I recently watched several youtube videos on 'How to remove rust from a bicycle.' Interestedly, I have to use a crumble up foil and some water and scrub the metal parts. I can't wait to get my bike back and try this. It is still in the tune shop.
this might sound like a dumb question. But what exactly got rusty? Mine is all carbon/aluminum/galvanized something. Only difference i see over the years is the rims look a little tainted looking. Not rust, just kind of a discolor i assume would come right off.

Well, my is not high end. The seat post and brakes are a bit rusty. The bike was stored a very long time collecting dust. I just need to clean the drivetrain. It is filthy and dirty.

Well, my is not high end. The seat post and brakes are a bit rusty. The bike was stored a very long time collecting dust. I just need to clean the drivetrain. It is filthy and dirty.
hey, if it works who cares. On another note. i just punched up my bike on a used bike price guide (give or take a year i think i have it about right) and it still says it is valued at near 700 bucks. shocked the living chit out of me.

hey, if it works who cares. On another note. i just punched up my bike on a used bike price guide (give or take a year i think i have it about right) and it still says it is valued at near 700 bucks. shocked the living chit out of me.

I'm happy with my bike. I crashed it, beated it, scratched it, and it still runs like new. I'm planning to get another bike, maybe a full suspension.

Last edited:

I'm happy with my bike. I crashed it, beat it, scratch it, and it still run like new. I'm planning to get another bike, maybe a full suspension.
yeah. Get your use out of it.....sounds like it takes a pounding. biking seems like any other sport or hobby, even photograhy. you could spend five hundred just in running gear on a bike prolly, if not more. But you can ride it without spending the five hundred too. i remember the bike phase while brief. just a sprocket was stupid money....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back