Cyclists here?

Just as with my photography, I'm a hobbyist when it comes to cycling.

I do bike in to work, its about 20km one way. Takes me under and hour.

well I have a mountain bike, but it was so hot during the summer I hardly ever rode it-now winter is coming I hope to get out more.

Nice bikes you guys have
icon_thumright.gif

I wouldn't call myself a cyclist, but I sure look like one with my biking sunglasses and helmet. My bike is a Schwinn Trail way, and I love going on long rides on bike paths or mountain roads. I don't race, I just do it for fun.

I cant stand the uncomfortable hunched over position of most road bikes, but I didn't want the bulky slow tires of a mountain bike. So I got a hybrid:

2936901002_a746f83720.jpg

The front shocks are nice too.

Last edited:
you can put different tires on mountain bikes:D, but not a bad bike you have.

The only way I would get a road bike is to put a flat handle bar on it

Last edited:
Yea. Well that bike wasn't too bad pricewise: only $200. I love it, and it suits me perfectly. That's just me though.

I'm just biased for mountain bikes hehe, buts that good you like your bike a lot and fits you well, thats whats important.

I wouldn't call myself a cyclist, but I sure look like one with my biking sunglasses and helmet. My bike is a Schwinn Trail way, and I love going on long rides on bike paths or mountain roads. I don't race, I just do it for fun.

I cant stand the uncomfortable hunched over position of most road bikes, but I didn't want the bulky slow tires of a mountain bike. So I got a hybrid:

The front shocks are nice too.

I actually can't stand front shocks... If you're going up a hill, standing, and pumping really hard, they eat up a LOT of energy. I made sure to get a bike with under the seat shocks instead!

I'm just biased for mountain bikes hehe, buts that good you like your bike a lot and fits you well, thats whats important.

Yea. All it is is a mountain bike with road bike tires, which is exactly what I wanted.

I actually can't stand front shocks... If you're going up a hill, standing, and pumping really hard, they eat up a LOT of energy. I made sure to get a bike with under the seat shocks instead!

I got both. They might be a little hard when going up a hill, but when going down hill I don't want to be thrown off by a rock, and I certainly don't want my whole body vibrating.

Keep in mind that I go down hills really fast.

i most certantly am and do abit of everything, did a 10 mile TT this year for the fun of it and got 26 mins :) also, i ride a lot of XC and general road. sometimes i go to trail centers / downhilling.

currently riding a specialized allez and my 26lb Fulls Sus Giant Trance 1 :D

I got both. They might be a little hard when going up a hill, but when going down hill I don't want to be thrown off by a rock, and I certainly don't want my whole body vibrating.

Keep in mind that I go down hills really fast.

Same here! There's this one enormous hill on the way to work (not so fun on the way home) where my GPS claims I was going over 40MPH by the bottom! I used to have a bike with front shocks, and was surprised at how much more I liked one without, that's all.

Most reactions

Back