Cyclists here?

Some nice bikes in here. I try to get out 2-3 days a week just on the local single tracks. I have a Trek 4300 I bought about 6 months ago...

Picture028-1.jpg

:confused: Please tell me you don't do that every day! I think I've worked hard doing a couple of circuits round the compound here, which comes in at around 9.5k.

LOL not every day, just once a month or so longer trips. Used to be more often but now that my main riding buddy has gone to boarding school it's not possible.

Double H: NICE team bikes!

duncanp: I WANT that Giant Trance! Mmm fox shox!

i like this thread lol. i ride MTB 909 taconic tournys, and Lake Minnawaska. and i have a trek 4300 and my new 08 Jamis trail X

jamis_trailx3.gif

My old Trek mountain bike is about 8 years old now....funny I don't think I have a single picture of it! But it's nothing fancy. I've replaced the gearshift once and they still act a little funny, so I'll probably be in the market for a new bike next year.

This thread is full of eye candy.....

I actually can't stand front shocks... If you're going up a hill, standing, and pumping really hard, they eat up a LOT of energy. I made sure to get a bike with under the seat shocks instead!
I never even thought about that. :shock: I'll have to test drive a few different types when I'm really ready to buy. I just figured front shocks were an upgrade I wouldn't pass on this time around!

My old Trek mountain bike is about 8 years old now....funny I don't think I have a single picture of it! But it's nothing fancy. I've replaced the gearshift once and they still act a little funny, so I'll probably be in the market for a new bike next year.

This thread is full of eye candy.....

I never even thought about that. :shock: I'll have to test drive a few different types when I'm really ready to buy. I just figured front shocks were an upgrade I wouldn't pass on this time around!

For a mountain bike, front shocks (and rear ones for that matter) are great! On road bikes, they seem to hurt more than help

This is one of mine...not my photo, from the Giant archives.
ATX20850.jpg

I also ride a Haro, and a Python, . Last year, I sold my Concord Vectra bike. Since I used my bike mainly for commuting to work, and getting around at the time, the roads here are brutal so I ditched the thin bike for more durable frames and tires. I also converted the back gear sproket to 11-19, instead of the mountain bike gears. The guy at the bike shop had to add a few spacers but it worked. :lol: I will see if I can dig up a pic of the converted bike.

For a mountain bike, front shocks (and rear ones for that matter) are great! On road bikes, they seem to hurt more than help
Okay - I didn't think I could have been so completely misinformed. :lol: I've done without for so long, it is probably going to seem like floating!

This is one of mine...not my photo, from the Giant archives.
ATX20850.jpg

I also ride a Haro, and a Python, . Last year, I sold my Concord Vectra bike. Since I used my bike mainly for commuting to work, and getting around at the time, the roads here are brutal so I ditched the thin bike for more durable frames and tires. I also converted the back gear sproket to 11-19, instead of the mountain bike gears. The guy at the bike shop had to add a few spacers but it worked. :lol: I will see if I can dig up a pic of the converted bike.
So which one is your favorite, and why? That Giant sure looks sweet.

on some higher end shocks you can lock them out to stop the bobbing for hill climbs.

Here's my Slingshot on the ferry to Pulau Ubin, Singapore. I used it a lot in SE Asia for recreational touring and when doing documentary work in Burma and Indonesia. It's a very nice bike to ride. I kept it light and simple for unsupported use in remote places.

Best,
Helen

slingshot-800.jpg

So which one is your favorite, and why? That Giant sure looks sweet.

The Giant is my baby. It was strange, cause I had all of my bikes ripped off, out of my shed. Yeah...the shed was locked, and the bikes were even locked inside. They came with bolt cutters and crowbar, ripped off the door and cut the locks. My Giant was one of the victims. I ended up buying the Haro as a replacement, but then two weeks later, I saw a guy riding my Giant. I could tell, cause I had two Cat Eyes on the front. I called the Poh-Leece, who busted the guy, and my bike was registered, so it was returned. It really pays to spend the 5 minutes online and register them.

Now I have a nice "rake prop", so if they try that stunt again, they will get a rake in the melon

The Giant is my baby. It was strange, cause I had all of my bikes ripped off, out of my shed. Yeah...the shed was locked, and the bikes were even locked inside. They came with bolt cutters and crowbar, ripped off the door and cut the locks. My Giant was one of the victims. I ended up buying the Haro as a replacement, but then two weeks later, I saw a guy riding my Giant. I could tell, cause I had two Cat Eyes on the front. I called the Poh-Leece, who busted the guy, and my bike was registered, so it was returned. It really pays to spend the 5 minutes online and register them.

Now I have a nice "rake prop", so if they try that stunt again, they will get a rake in the melon
Holy crap! :x Glad you got it back. I'm bad about registering things, but for high-ticket items it clearly is worthwhile. Crazy story.

What is a rake prop?

Most reactions

Back