Czarnecki Family | Photoshoot |FIRST Family Shoot

Nice Jake. Really like the group shot. For the kid I prefer getting low.

Very nice, sir! I clicked through and read your blog post...I think you nailed the combination of complimentary to the family, informative, fun, and a positive description of your ability to get the shots you want (the tidbit about meowing, for instance). Well done! :)

The first thing that grabs me is that part of the group has a tree and part open sky. All of one or the other if possible (I would have gone for the tree). There are also some 'leaners' (Lady in the black sweater, man in centre back and lady w/ child). The lady in the black sweater was also in desparate need of a comb and/or hair-brush!
When posing a group like thisI would suggest a little more symmetry: You have the two adults image right angled to the camera (preferable), but the two image left square to the camera. I would also have considered changing the positions of the two young girls in the front since the taller of the two is partly obscuring the lady with the child, and it would have also provided a nice linear element.

The first thing that grabs me is that part of the group has a tree and part open sky. All of one or the other if possible (I would have gone for the tree). There are also some 'leaners' (Lady in the black sweater, man in centre back and lady w/ child). The lady in the black sweater was also in desparate need of a comb and/or hair-brush!
When posing a group like thisI would suggest a little more symmetry: You have the two adults image right angled to the camera (preferable), but the two image left square to the camera. I would also have considered changing the positions of the two young girls in the front since the taller of the two is partly obscuring the lady with the child, and it would have also provided a nice linear element.

Really informative! I'm still learning how to pose families, so that input is a huge help.

Last edited:

Really informative Lew. I'm still learning how to pose families, so that input is a huge help.
Lew? :aufsmaul:

Really informative Lew. I'm still learning how to pose families, so that input is a huge help.
Lew? :aufsmaul:

Haha I wasn't paying enough attention clearly! My bad man.

Very nice, sir! I clicked through and read your blog post...I think you nailed the combination of complimentary to the family, informative, fun, and a positive description of your ability to get the shots you want (the tidbit about meowing, for instance). Well done! :)

Thanks! I still feel like writing the blog is the toughest part.

Nice Jake. Really like the group shot. For the kid I prefer getting low.

Yeah the shot of cash (the kid) here was just a candid [emoji106][emoji106]

They look like anyone could get with a point and shoot sorry

Ill respectfully disagree, but thanks for your input.

2nd shot is taken from too high get down to the childs level shots from above hardly ever work

Once again, I'll state that it was a candid and I had a split second to capture it. It's not a proper posed photo.

I think it would be better if they weren't chopped below the knees. I've noticed you tend to frame rather high sometimes, not sure if that's due to your height or not but you seem to get more than enough space above heads sometimes and the bottom edge might be better framed differently.

John seems to have caught the details that need to be thought about. I'd think about the girls' hair, as they move around it might be necessary to recheck and have it arranged so it' s in front of the shoulders or behind, so there isn't a hank or strands straggling.

Most reactions

Back