D-SLR Difficulty

Kaz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hiya,
I recently joined and have a question about my D-SLR that hopefully someone can answer. I recently had the sensor professionally cleaned and got it back today, the images are now perfect. However I tried a new remote release cable in the side and since then, the images as I look through the view-finder are distorted. But they come out fine on 'playback.' :grumpy: I'm not sure why this is happening, is it possible I made a settings change without realising it? I've tried every auto function to see if I had it one something I shouldn't. Tried new batteries, restarting, resetting. I've tried my lens on a different camera and it's not the lens :(
Please help!

Hiya,
I recently joined and have a question about my D-SLR that hopefully someone can answer. I recently had the sensor professionally cleaned and got it back today, the images are now perfect. However I tried a new remote release cable in the side and since then, the images as I look through the view-finder are distorted. But they come out fine on 'playback.' :grumpy: I'm not sure why this is happening, is it possible I made a settings change without realising it? I've tried every auto function to see if I had it one something I shouldn't. Tried new batteries, restarting, resetting. I've tried my lens on a different camera and it's not the lens :(
Please help!
what kind of camera do you have?

sounds like what you need to do is adjust your viewfinder diopter adjustment, its usually a gear looking piece right by the viewfinder with a + and -

can you clarify what you mean by distorted? If they are just not in focus in the viewfinder I would say the dipoter as mentioned above.

Is the mirror dirty? that might also explain why it would be weird in the viewfinder but normal on playback.

if all else fails I would take it back to the place that cleaned it (assuming it was a local joint and not mail away)and have them give it a quick once-over to make sure everything inside looks as it should.

Thanks, that was exactly what it was. I must have knocked it or something!

Yep that's what it was! :) Thanks :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back