D-SLR help

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by _Becka_, Apr 2, 2007.

1. _Becka_

_Becka_ TPF Noob!

Not to sure if this is in the right section..

Was just looking for some advice on getting a Digital SLR.
    Price range up to £400, £500 at a push.

Been looking at the Canon 400D which seems to look quite good, but suggestions on any good buys would be grately appreciated.

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    The best advice would be for you to go into a store and hold the different models. The one that feels best to you...probably is.

3. xfloggingkylex

xfloggingkylex TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Like I say in every post asking about which DSLR to buy, you arent going to buy a crappy DSLR, it just cant happen at this level of equipment. Even the cheap cameras are quality and what they lack in ability they make up in price.

Really you just need to decide what kind of backing you want to have (canon and nikon having the largest) and how important that is, as well as future lens purchases and accessories. For instance if you are going to need all image stabilized lenses, it may be a better idea for you to go with Pentax and their sensor based SR instead of nikons VR system, which has a limited number of lenses using image stabilization.

Really no matter what you are going to get a high quality camera, you just need to decide which things you HAVE to have, and which things aren't as important to be missing.

4. EOS_JD

EOS_JD TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit