D200 grip....what batteries do you use?

barebonephoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just got a D200 to play around with and I'm loving it.
Except, I got the grip and I can't seem to make it work with the batteries I have.

I'm using the Energizer rechergeable 2500mAh.

They don't even give me enough juice to power up the screen.

What am I doing wrong?
Is there a better battery?

Help....

Emma

To gain more power, and grip, Nikon designed the new MB-D200 Battery-pack. It is attached under the D200 camera. The Nikon MB-D200 takes one or two rechargeable Nikon EN-EL3e Li-ion batteries or six AA alkaline, NiMH, lithium, nickel manganese batteries. It is equipped with a shutter-release button and main- and sub-command dials for improved operation when taking photographs in vertical orientation. When the MB-D200 is attached it gives the camera more weight and more grip. When you use other batteries than the EN-EL3e you have to select the type of battery in the menu of the camera to ensure accurate display of battery level.

Also, just to be sure...I think you have to use AA batteries in a holder of some sort. You probably couldn't even load them without it...so I'm sure you have it.

They don't even poer the menue screen long enough for me to change the battery type.

Maybe I'll try it with the other battery and see what happens

Thanks for the info.

Emma

Have you tested the batteries in another device?

Yes I have.
And I just tried using the En-EL3e battery to set the menue for the other batteries and it didn't work.

I think I need to read the manual more. I tend to jump in and ignor the boring book that comes with my gear.

Thanks for the help though.

Mine is a D80 but similar. I've used it with one EN EL3E, with two of them and with the rechargeable AA's and it works just fine with all of them. I can't help but wonder if yours might be defective in some way, assuming you've charged the batteries fully.

I've tried 4 diffrent packs of the energizers.
I did have just regular AA in and it lasted for about 50 shots.
So the grip works. I just don't think it likes the batteries I'm using.
Odd.

Most reactions

Back