D200 still a good buy?

My vote is for the D90, its a great camera and is pretty cheap. The 'pro' features of the D300 are great but I don't know if it is worth the extra price (unless you can get it for a great deal as mentioned above).
IMO, The Multi-Cam 3500DX AF module and 51 focus points (15 cross-type) alone is worth the higher price, new or used.

Ask forum member Pure how nice it is to have an all plastic camera body instead of a metal body.

Add the nearly double fps, 14-bit non-compressed RAW, 9 auto brackets, all the handy external controls, CF card memory, the list goes on.

Had the D90. Sold it. Now have a D300, a D200 for backup, and a D60 for daily carry, till it sells (cheap, link in my siggy ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓).

My vote is for the D90, its a great camera and is pretty cheap. The 'pro' features of the D300 are great but I don't know if it is worth the extra price (unless you can get it for a great deal as mentioned above).
IMO, The Multi-Cam 3500DX AF module and 51 focus points (15 cross-type) alone is worth the higher price, new or used.

Ask forum member Pure how nice it is to have an all plastic camera body instead of a metal body.

Add the nearly double fps, 14-bit non-compressed RAW, 9 auto brackets, all the handy external controls, CF card memory, the list goes on.

Had the D90. Sold it. Now have a D300, a D200 for backup, and a D60 for daily carry, till it sells (cheap, link in my siggy ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓).

Get the D300/s. F plastic bodies.

Personally, I don't mind plastic bodies. My d70 gets abused and it's still working fine since I got it in 2004. I wanted the d200 for its features. Controls with switches instead of menus. Things I got used to while shooting with my F100 that I missed on the d70.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back