d3 vs d3s

when it comes down to it. The d700 is only 500 bucks cheaper when you get the 8 fps,

The 9 fps and fully weather sealed are pushing me to the d3

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the d700 was fully weathered sealed too....:meh:

Unless that battery grip is also sealed (is it?) it leaves an opening at the crease where the bottom of the camera meets the top of the grip.

both the D700 and the grip are sealed. the MBD10 doesn't go into an open battery slot, so the camera remains just as sealed.

People don't give the D200, 300, and 700 the credit they deserve for weather sealing. I've used my 700 in the rain, snow, i've even dripped in a river and it's fine. Totally uncovered.

I also prefer the D700 because the D3's are way too big IMO, in single shot if your finger is fast enough, you can get about 8fps out of it without the grip, the pop up flash is great for my SB600's i use off camera, and the IQ is identical.

not to mention, when I bought it two years ago, it was over $2000 less than the D3.

at that point of time, kind a no brainer.

I use 1DsMkIII's alot too, and i just don't like the bigger bodies. I find them cumbersome.

when it comes down to it. The d700 is only 500 bucks cheaper when you get the 8 fps,

The 9 fps and fully weather sealed are pushing me to the d3
Seems more like like $800-$1500 comparing a new (with warranty) D700/MB-D10 with a used, (no warranty) D3.

here is the d700 getting 8 fps
$3,045.27

cart
Nikon MH-21 Quick Charger for Nikon EN-EL4 & EN-EL4a Battery
Nikon EN-EL4a Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (11.1v 2500mAh)
Nikon BL-3 Battery Chamber Cover for MB-D10, MB-40 Battery Packs
Nikon MB-D10 Multi-Power Battery Grip
Nikon D700 SLR Digital Camera (Camera Body)

The d700 has a pop up flash, making it not fully weather sealed.
I have PW plus II's, and commander mode is virtually useless outdoors (which is where I will be)

If i was in a studio all day I would for sure get the d700 though.

Most reactions

Back