D300 Low Battery Error...HELP!

freeflydive

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gallery.me.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I purchased the D-300 a few months ago and has been working flawlessly. Suddenly, it's been giving a "low battery error" when I turn it on w/ either the Nikkor 70-200/2.8-VR or the 17-55/2.8...however, it's working just fine when I put on the 50mm 1.8! I've tried reseating the lens several times to no avail and swapped out my fully charged nikon batteries...I also have the latest firmware 1.10 (since the first day I got it). To make it more interesting, both lenses function just fine on my old D70!

I've seen this problem described online, but no one has provided w/ a solution...so, I now come humbled to you for answers! :hugs: I'd take it into a camera store, but I'm currently deployed to Iraq.

Thanks,
Majdi

Last edited:
I assume you don't know anyone else near you in the army with another D300 you could test the 70-200 on - to see if it's just your D300 or all D300s in general? I doubt it wouldn't work on another D300 but you might as well try before you call Nikon up...

Did you check for firmware updates?
Is your camera updated to the latest firmware?
Are your lens and camera contact points clean and free from corrosion and oxidation?

sigh :-( Yes, I have the latest firmware, contacts are clean and the lens doesn't have any play when mounted :-( All my lenses worked wonderfully on my camera...just suddenly went down (unless I'm using the 50mm/1.8 lens). Sigh...worse case, I guess I'll be limited to using the 50mm and will have to wait to get home from Iraq to send in my "NEW" D300 to get fixed. Thanks for trying to help guys.

Cheers,
Majdi

There has to be someone else around with nikon body / lens? Hopefully the same ones! Mount your lens on their camera and vice versa. That might identify if its the lenses or the body (if its a hard fault). I wouldn't put it past something happening to both the lenses.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back