D300 NR work in RAW?

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys--- something I've never been sure of. Does the D300 noise reduction capability work in RAW? Or does it only work if you shoot JPEG?

JPEG. Nothing works in RAW. The sensor data is passed unadultered to the CF card. You want noise reduction you'll need to enable it in your RAW processor or use a RAW processor like CaptureNX which will read your cameras settings and apply those settings as default for the file you open (in which case yes NR will be on).

JPEG. Nothing works in RAW. The sensor data is passed unadultered to the CF card. You want noise reduction you'll need to enable it in your RAW processor or use a RAW processor like CaptureNX which will read your cameras settings and apply those settings as default for the file you open (in which case yes NR will be on).

I thought that too ("nothing in RAW") except that I thought I saw a difference with the dynamic light setting... but then I now realize I was looking at the results on the LCD... not on my PC... so it was probably just displaying what the camera records in the RAW but ACR doesn't translate.

The problem is that CaptureNX kinda sucks. In fact, last time I tried it I determined it borderline unusable. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back