d300 vs. 5d?

ff is a good thing for camera makers to make more accesible, esp nikon. . . they were way close to losing me as a customer. . . and i spend $10,000 a year on gear at this point, and will spend just as much or more in the next year.

It scares me what I spend a year on gear, but at some point you get so heavily invested in a system it's real hard to seriously commit to changing. I have shot Nikon for 39 years, and have equipment almost that old with a Nikkor badge I still use. After holding a Nikon for that long, no other brand "feels" right. I truly dislike the feel and control placement on a entire Canon line. But that's just me. I am doomed to be a Nikon snob for life. Besides, they tell me the D3 will be here within a couple weeks. Can't wait!

superclamps are worth buying even if for other projects!!! and a magic arm !

I don't get what you are trying to say here. It's not like I have an all access pass to every gym in my part of the state... how would I be able to use two remotely triggered flashes? I may do up to six different games in four different gyms in a night, depending on where I am working... by myself, no body to hold the flashes and no way to mount them.

I'll let my good friend Strobist do the talking.
http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/04/on-assignment-big-gym-little-lights.html
http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/04/on-assignment-prep-basketball.html

Good luck.

It makes sense since you have lenses for it already.
Kinda sorta.

Any DX lens WILL work on the D3...but at a reduced MP maximum of 5MP, I believe.

As I mentioned in another thread, a D3 is the Ferrari of cameras in the industry as it stands today. It demands the best glass available. if you can spend $5Gs for a body, you should have several thousand dollars aside for the lenses you require too.

No use in getting a Ferrari and filling it with regular gas!

For us Canon people a full frame Nikon is the best thing that could have happened.

On the photographer side, competition helps us all :)

Oh, and I am sure it is a great camera, and if I had any Nikon lenses I would like to use it.

For us Canon people a full frame Nikon is the best thing that could have happened.

On the photographer side, competition helps us all :)

Oh this is the kind of thing that sea-saws back and forth at least once a year.

One side comes out with something... the other side follows suite with their answer and plays a "one up". It is good for the technology and all, and the ones that really benefit are the ones able to afford the latest and greatest.

However, there are quite a few pros out there, that no matter what comes out, still pump out some really good stuff on film and paper.

Kinda makes me want to ask... how important is it *really* to anyone else besides the camera manufacturers?

Kinda makes me want to ask... how important is it *really* to anyone else besides the camera manufacturers?

Maybe it is just me, but that sentence makes no sense to me ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back