D300 vs D200

PhotographicIdiot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Which one the best overall? I am seriously considering either one and am reading the reviews of both. But I would like to know also from someone else who has either one of them what they think of it. you know pro's and cons. would be really great if you could help me out. thanks.

I know you've done your research but it's all up to you. I thought that the D90 came after the D300 so if it's going to be anything I think you should consider D90 vs D300. With that being said I asked the same question about two months ago lol. Opted for the D90, saved some money by not purchasing the D300 and picked up the Sigma 70-200 2.8. Now I'm saving up for the full frame D700!

Good Luck!

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...-news-reviews/196273-d200-still-good-buy.html

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...ducts-news-reviews/189909-nikon-d90-d200.html

Nikon D200 vs D300 - Steve's Digicams Forums

Nikon D300 vs. D200

I actually been seriously considering going with D90 but started to looking at pro level cameras. I also checked out the D700 that got pretty good reviews. But not as good as the D300 or D200s.

I guess it all comes down to how much you want to spend. The D700 is way out of my league in terms of price but had I had the money you bet I would have snatched it up. Wouldn't know what to do with it but I would have had it :lmao:

What level of a photographer are you? I woudn't recommend a D700 if you are just a beginner.....

What level of a photographer are you? I woudn't recommend a D700 if you are just a beginner.....

Why not? It's no harder to use than a D200/D300.

Having had the D200, D90 and D300s I'd say the D300s is probably a D200 with everything I missed about the D90, which to me = purely awesome.

I have both a D200 and a D300.

If image quality (IQ) is the only criteria you persue in a camera the D90 will be equal to the D300 (they have the same image sensor) but better than the D200.

If your criteria is on ease of handeling and build quality (metal body, weather sealing) the D90 doesn't feature since it's all plastic. Find the thread by the member "Pure" where his heavy 80-200 f/2.8 pulled the mount screws right out of the plastic as it was hanging from his D90.

The D300 has a much better auto focusing module than the D90 has.

Compared to the D200 the D300 has better:
  • IQ
  • fps
  • ISO range
Side by side it's difficult to tell the two apart, they are that closely related.

If you can swing it I would get both the D200 and the D300, using the D200 as a back up camera.

If you can only get one get the D300.

I actually been seriously considering going with D90 but started to looking at pro level cameras. I also checked out the D700 that got pretty good reviews. But not as good as the D300 or D200s.

:confused: WHAT?!? What site were you looking at, what area of photography are you referring to ... low light photography the D700 would BLOW the D200 (and probably even the D300/300s) out of this world when it comes to noise levels at comparable ISOs ... this is a pretty vague statement and should have more information attached to it

:confused: WHAT?!? What site were you looking at, what area of photography are you referring to ... low light photography the D700 would BLOW the D200 (and probably even the D300/300s) out of this world when it comes to noise levels at comparable ISOs ... this is a pretty vague statement and should have more information attached to it

Actually D700 should blow the D200 and D300 away in every single aspect except price size and weight. (expanding on what you said, not disagreeing)

I also checked out the D700 that got pretty good reviews. But not as good as the D300 or D200s.
On what planet did you read those reviews? The D700 is basically a full-frame version of the D300 and quite a bit better.

Most reactions

Back