D3200 battery grip

ecphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been looking into getting a grip for my D3200. Everyone that I find online requires a shutter sync cable to be attached from the grip to the camera. I've never seen that before on a camera I've owned.

you dont need it if you don't want to use the vertical orientation shutter button.

but how else do you suppose the grip can tell send the shutter action to the body?

you dont need it if you don't want to use the vertical orientation shutter button.

but how else do you suppose the grip can tell send the shutter action to the body?

I had a grip for my old 550D and it had a working shutter and dial that worked with the camera with out external cables. I was able to adjust shutter speed, Fstop and use the shutter button with out issues. That's why I'm confused, I've owned two battery grips before and they worked that same way.

Last edited:
Maybe Nikon didn't think their low-end, no thrills, entry level camera needed this sort of communication port for a grip; espeically since they dont even offer a grip for the d3200 and you have to buy third party.

I had a grip for my old 550D and it had a working shutter and dial that worked with the camera with out external cables.

Well, it is different for the 3200.

Maybe Nikon didn't think their low-end, no thrills, entry level camera needed this sort of communication port for a grip; espeically since they dont even offer a grip for the d3200 and you have to buy third party.

I had a grip for my old 550D and it had a working shutter and dial that worked with the camera with out external cables.

Well that really sucks!

Well that really sucks!

Yes it does.

Because the external cable looks like ass.

And mine wasn't made very well/

Well that really sucks!

Yes it does.

Because the external cable looks like ass.

And mine wasn't made very well/

I had this same issue with my A33, I used it with the cable for a while and then just took it off. The grip was bought primarily to make it easier to hold. I have big hands and the A33 (much like the D3200) is just small and isn't easy to hold comfortably.

Most reactions

Back