D40 - changing flash settings

hoevesruperd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i bought some old prime lenses for my D40. those dont have CPUs so when i get to take pictures with the flash on it says: Flash is in TTL mode. Choose another setting or use a CPU lens...

now. how to i go and change the TTL setting to one i can use with my Nikkor-H lenses ?

and, sorry for the noob question but what is TTL ?

cheers

"TTL" is Through The Lens metering, meaning that the camera actually measures the reflected flash-output and adjusts exposure accordingly.

I don't know what the limitations of the D40 are, but the flash settings should be in the shooting menu.

Chances are your manual can explain all of this very nicely! ;)

thanks!
i feel stupid. :p i should really sit down and read that manual for once

thanks!
i feel stupid. :p i should really sit down and read that manual for once

:) The manual is wonderful.

Congrats on your manual lenses. I have a D40 and a couple manual lenses as well. I love that the D40 can mount pre-AI. Have fun!

AF-S for Nikon terms, Reg :) (or HSM for Sigma).

But I agree, older lenses, although not being able to meter, are fantastic fun to use, and you can get some great shots with them. I would recommend that you try not to use flash unless it's absolutely necessary, as it is just one more thing to guess at the power needed.

Pfft. I don't even know WHAT it's called for Olympus! (Mostly because I can't afford anything that isn't Sigma for four-thirds! Am I right, am I right? Hello? This thing on?)

But yeah. AF-S, USM, HSM, something.

:D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back