D40 Phottix Battery Grip Review

It’s also very fast. Even with my 300 mm lens (which is not a fast lens) it takes pictures really quickly.

Is it a supercharger too? :lol: What do you mean by that?

What I mean is, on the side of the grip there is a little pop out sensor that aims at the remote sensor on the camera, which means, the camera HAS to be in remote mode in order to take a picture, which isn’t really great for me because I do a lot of skate board photography, and I need to be able to shoot in continuous mode, but I can’t.
That part sucks...

Is it a supercharger too? :lol: What do you mean by that?

That part sucks...

sometimes I find it takes a few seconds before I can take another picture.. I suppose I could be something wrong, I dunno... but like I shoot an even a month ago, and I always had to wait between shots, but not so much now.. It's not as fast as continuous shot, but its quicker than last month at the event... but like I said, maybe I was doing something wrong last month (i'm still a bit of a noob)

and yes, the remote part does suck

It probably needs the remote think because Nikon didn't build in the connections for the shutter button, because they never intended to release a grip. So all things considered I guess its a reasonable work-around.

Most reactions

Back